Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer's last message


Of course, one could attribute the current state of Spain's economy to this philosophy.  Apologies to my Spanish friends, who are nothing at all like what this implies.

I prefer to take it as advice for the waning days of summer.  Labor Day weekend around here means we get the beach back soon.  It's Bennies Go Home weekend.  It's also a time to reflect on the important things in life.  Like, why is it still so darned hot outside?  And, if I only get the paper on weekends, why do I have such a huge pile of unread papers sitting in my kitchen? 

That last one is probably because I haven't been here much.  Which is good, this is not a good place for me to be in the summer.  I prefer the beach in the cooler months, when there aren't so many mostly-naked and really ugly people spread all over it.  And in the dead of winter, it is beautiful, and empty.  Which is perfect.

Here, in no particular order, are some scenes from my summer.  I'll spare you the travelog, I hate listening to people's tales of their wonderful travels.  Suffice it to say, I had some fun, and I need the sitting and doing nothing right about now, to recover.













And probably my very favorite moment:



PS.  If anybody really wants the travelog, send me a note and I'll try to fill you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment