Saturday, December 22, 2012

what a nice gift!

Picked up my box mail this morning, and in it was the season brochure for the Salzburg Fesitval.  In that is a video about El Sistema.  Very cool, nicely done film, really makes one wonder how they manage to run such a beautiful program there, where it seems everyone is horribly poor (at least in a financial sense), while we in the US, who to a large degree have more money than we know what to do with (especially the people who make these decisions), don't want to put forward a penny for arts and music education.  I suppose we'd rather spend our money on guns. 

Something is seriously wrong with this country - the US, I mean.  Granted, Venezuela has a lot wrong as well.  But at least there are people in Venezuela who are trying from the ground up to make things better for everyone.  Here, they just try to make things better for themselves, to hell with everyone else, especially the less financially endowed among us.

My political statement of the month.  Don't mind me, I'm feeling particularly disenfranchised at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment