Monday, February 10, 2014

twice a week

....whether you need to or not.  That's the snow pattern we're in this winter.  One on the weekend, one mid-week.  So I'm jumping on opportunities to go to work.  Which I know sounds odd, especially coming from me. 

Last nite's installment was only 2 inches, and it was the light, fluffy type, which was relatively easy to clear off the affected surfaces.  More or less.  I didn't have time to do the front "walk" between last nite and leaving to catch a train this morning.  Oh well. 

Mind you, my front "walk" is mostly a path over the grass, so it pains me to have to (a) shovel the grass, and (b) maybe put down rock salt to make it not be icy.  I actually had nice grass this past summer, and now I'm going to have a stripe of no grass where it's been shoveled and salted twice a week. 

Maybe if I leave it unshoveled, the post office officials who won't allow me to move my mailbox to the back yard nearer the street (I have street frontage on three sides of my property - I'm my own peninsula) will have a change of mind.  But I doubt it.

And the next snow storm is supposed to be Weds nite into Thurs, or maybe Thurs all day, they don't know for sure yet.  And at the moment it is supposed to all be south of here, but that's not logical, considering the direction this all has been coming from, it ought to slide up the coast and whack us, too, on its way to New England, where they actually have some idea how to deal with snow.

As for me, I would LOVE an opportunity to go outside wearing sneakers.  I'm tired of boots.  Which also sounds odd, coming from me.  It's being an odd time.

Oddness is not new for me, tho.  I've always been odd.  In my family, the even kids are odd - I'm two of four, and four of four is also odd, while one and three are more "normal."  Go figure.  Odds are, it makes some sort of sense, in a very odd way.  But don't ask me to explain.

Time to go out and make yellow snow with Pablo.  I'll be back here when I have a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment