Saturday, March 14, 2015

it's raining, it's pouring....

ALL the snow is gone.  Finally.  And my car almost looks black again - it's been looking kind of grey lately, from all the road salt and snow-crud caked all over it.  We needed a good rain to get rid of a lot of that stuff.

I checked yesterday after work, and did not find any of my bulbs to be sprouting.  My prickly pear cacti are all still shriveled and slumped over, too.  So spring has not yet reached into my micro-climate, even tho it is showing signs in other people's yards.  I already knew I have an odd micro-climate here, tho, so no surprises.

The grey day has made me droopy, like my cacti.  Took some extra vitamin D - gummies! - to try to counteract this.  I'll have a nice salad and an early bedtime.  Tomorrow is another day, and like Annie sings, the sun will come out tomorrow.

I'm still doing that - everything anyone says or does, a song pops into my head to fit.  It started getting really intense on Weds, and has not let up yet.  I wonder if I can count that as a sign of spring?  Or maybe just a sign of impending lunacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment