Thursday, November 14, 2019

Too busy lately. Or something.

Probably or something.  I've been out all over the place, taking lots of pictures, but just not in a mood to write and post or any of that share kind of thing.  Lots going on, not all of it good, but this, too, shall pass.

However, here I am now, and I'm going to go back to a day in October (the 26th, to be precise), when I figured we'd go to Pablo's Park for a short walk, and no, I didn't need to drag the camera, it's really overkill for the little park, and we're there all the time, yadda, yadda.

So what happens, I end up getting some really super pics on my phone, which, as long as I don't try to do anything with too much small detail or too zoomed in, really does ok pics, for a phone. 

We haven't had very much of what I'd call "fall color" around here.  And things like the ginkgo trees didn't even bother to turn golden, they just all of a sudden dropped ALL their leaves, still bright green, on the same day.  So it's kind of been a bust of a fall, imo. 

I don't have any mountains near here.  And our weather has been weird, to put it mildly.  It even snowed two days ago - Monday we had 65 and sunny, Tuesday it was low 30s and snow.  No accumulation, but plenty of shock and dismay.

But, going back to October 26, Pablo's Park.  Here you go.  The park has a pond in it, I think it's called Derry's Pond (there's a marker with the name on it, on the bank at one end).  The park used to, back in the days when I was a kid, be a Christmas tree farm, a fact I learned one day from a woman who I met walking there, back when Pablo was still with me.  She told me that when she was a kid, and we are around the same age, in the winter the pond would freeze over, and there would be ice skating.  Kind of like Kearny Park, up in north Jersey, where I grew up.

So I guess the pond isn't very deep, but it has frogs and turtles and snakes, all doing the pond kind of thing.  I'm good with that.  Pablo being a warm weather doggo, we never got there in the deep of winter to see if anyone still skates on it.  Of course, it hasn't been awfully cold to actually freeze much over, in recent years.  So who knows?

My point, tho, is that the shallowness of the pond makes the water look black, which in turn makes it act as a big mirror.  Which is the best part, aside from the turtles.  So here are my four favorite pics from that walk without a camera, and pretty much the best fall color I found this year.  Hope you like!





No comments:

Post a Comment