Saturday, August 8, 2020

Enough with this weather, already

So after the storm I wrote about the other day, this week just ending, we had a tropical storm named something like Isaias.  I don't know where they get these weird names from, and I really suspect the whole naming thing is just so people get more worried about the weather, because once something has a name that resembles a human name, they take it more personally.

But I was thinking, as I sometimes do.  And having just been engrossed in another book by Haruki Murakami, which, if you haven't read his works, you really ought to....

Anyway, I was thinking.  Weird weather, all of a sudden.  What changed to make this happen? 

Well....It's been YEARS since I bought ice cream.  Years.  I don't normally eat ice cream.  I vividly remember my Uncle Joe always saying, don't eat ice cream, it's not good for you.

Guess what?  I bought ice cream last week.  I was having a thing where I needed something nice, and something different, because Covid, and boredom, and all that jazz.  I got myself a container of Friendly's Black Cherry Chocolate Chunk ice cream.

I wonder if that's what caused all the weather ruckus?  Did I open a portal to something nasty by buying ice cream for the first time in recent memory?  If I were living in a Murakami book, it would be entirely possible.

I finished off the ice cream while the power was out, the other evening.  So it wouldn't melt and make a mess all over the freezer.  I'm hoping that by finishing it, and throwing out the container, the portal will close, and the bad weather will go back to something more closely resembling normal.

I guess maybe Uncle Joe was right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment