Saturday, August 27, 2011

Imminence

Saturday morning, still nothing much happening with the ocean, waves are average with the tide incoming.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

The sky is heavy, though, and the humidity is up around 200% or so....thick as pea soup.  It's the northern reaches of the storm, you can see it on the radar map. 

Traffic is light, some optimists with surf boards on the roof, a lot of pickups with one guy each, maybe contractors still boarding up windows, or something.  Pablo and I walked our two miles, met one runner and three people on bikes, and a lady walking two small dogs who said she is leaving soon.  Pablo will go with my mother to a relative's house inland, one less thing I need to worry about.  I'll see about leaving once something is actually happening.  I'm not big on doing things "in case."

Right now there's a bunch of little kids (like K-5 ages) playing on top of the sea wall.  Looks like a bad case of 'let's go to the beach to see the hurricane.'
I'm ready for breakfast, then laundry, then a shower, and we see what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment