Saturday, February 9, 2013

the results are in

So, we got maybe four to six inches here, depending on where you are standing.  Some places are bare, some have a foot or so of drift.  We get a lot of wind action.  Aside from the plow-in from having the street cleared, I had very little between my car and the street that needed to be shoveled.  Besides, it's supposed to be 47F by Wednesday, so at some point the solar snow shovel takes over.

Some high surf this morning, I got a picture from my upstairs window. Since the stairs over the wall are gone, there's no way to get on the beach without putting out a major effort, which I'm not in the mood to do at the moment.  Here's the vista:


Can't tell from here how much beach there is today, just that the waves are kind of rough.  I'm  mildly surprised there are no surfers out there (yet).

The stop sign is still hanging on, the no outlet sign is buried under a snow drift.  At least the front steps (and a path through the lawn) are clear for the postman, while we still have delivery on Saturdays.  So I'll get my usual supply of catalogs and credit card offers.  And life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment