Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Noah just floated by in the ark

Severe thunderstorms here this morning, very severe as I was trying to leave for work - trying being the operative word.  I got as far as downtown, rain coming down so hard I couldn't see where I was going, and figured out the the street was deep enough in water it did not look auspicious to try to drive through it.  Especially considering I had not reached the lowest point yet.  So I turned around and came back home.  

So far no noise from the pump in the basement, so it either isn't working (again), or doesn't need to.  Yet.  The back yard is several inches deep, looks like a swamp.  Eventually I expect that will all seep into the basement and need to be pumped out.  Glad the heat and hot water gadget are on the first floor now, not as much to worry about.  Only thing in the basement anymore is the pump, and in theory it can save itself.  If I feel brave later, I'll go down there and see if it is alive or if it just doesn't feel the need to do anything.

Living room, that infamous drop zone of all water coming from the sky, is bone dry.  Thank you, Bob the Roofer!

No comments:

Post a Comment