Friday, May 31, 2019

What kind of bird am I?

I'm puzzled.  This bird looks like some kind of finch, except...it's as big as one of those smaller type crows you see around, or the huge blue jay who hangs around here.  Seriously oversized.  I ran him thru Merlin (Cornell Ornithology app that ids birds), and they suggested three options, none of which even came close.  So if there's actually anyone out there reading this, and if you know what kind of bird this might be, could you please tell me?


That's a standard sized suet cage he or she is standing on.  He's been hanging around my yard for a few days now, just the one bird, no friends of a feather in his own size category.  Pretty pattern on the feathers, and a very stubby tail, compared to the size of the body.  So about the size of the blue jay, but with a much shorter tail.

Any ideas are most welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment