Sunday, June 2, 2019

Bandit missed this one!

Bandit is a hunter, or so he thinks.  He always scopes out the yard before he goes down the stairs, to see what's out there that he can chase.  I'm glad that so far, he hasn't actually caught anything.

But he follows his nose everywhere, searching for scents to things he thinks he'd like to chase, and maybe even catch.

We went to the nature trail at our local park, the park where Pablo loved to go, because of the smells.  And the wildlife.  It was Pablo's favorite park, so we'll call it Pablo's Park, or PP.  Apt description, I'm sure a lot of the smells are from pee, of various critters.

A lot of the squeamish people I know would never set foot outdoors if they ever thought about who and what pees and poops on the outdoors.  A lot of them live near me.

Anyhow, the one that bandit missed.  We had just squished through a very muddy section of the trail, and I was making noise at the dog because he barely missed landing me head first in the deepest part of the mud, when we came around a corner and guess who's looking at us?

 
She, I think it's a she, was just standing there, giving us the eye.  Very still.  Very quiet.  She never moved, just stood there.  I got a couple of pics, not very good ones, because I'm still not in sufficient control of the dog to use a real camera when I'm walking him, so I took them with the phone, which, truth be told, takes lousy pictures.  Good enuf for small applications, but they really suck if you look at them full screen, and don't even waste ink trying to print them.  Samsung S9, I highly dis-recommend it if you like to use your phone for pictures.

I know she was real, she did turn her head at one point.  And I spoke to her, very softly, so she wouldn't run away (which likely would have resulted in Bandit making chase, and dragging me thru all sorts of muddy stuff). 

All this, and doggo, the great hunter, didn't see or smell the deer.  Amazing.  So I now know that not only is there no retriever of any sort in him, he's also faking the great hunter thing.  Cheaper than a DNA test.


She's probably out in the park, still laughing about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment