Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Wildlife and stuff

Aside from the dog, who is tame and normal one day and wild the next, we've had some encounters with real wildlife here lately.  Well, not encounters, precisely, but sightings, I suppose.  So, supposing that, here are a couple.

First, the morning of the fawns.  Their Mama was nearby, but I didn't get a pic of her.  The babies just kind of sat there and looked at us as I scrambled to get close enuf for a pic, fiddled with the camera in the phone, and made sure the dog didn't do anything that would scare them off.  All with just two hands!


They're so cute, yet I know, next spring when my Asiatic lilies start to emerge, these little tykes will be out on my front lawn munching on the buds before they have a chance to open.

Balance, right?

And then my fave bird has been visiting.  He makes a racket, particularly if I've not kept up with refilling the feeders.  But he does like his suet with berries in it just fine.


He's a real character.  Always a lot to say, and he loves chasing off the littler guys.

And, our furry chipmunkbird is back.  So I know a lot of the bird seed is finding its way into wherever his secret stash is this year.


I think it's kind of funny that the birds just treat him as though he was one of theirs.  What's the old saying, birds of a feather flock together?  Maybe I can make him a headdress out of feathers, so he blends in better.


No comments:

Post a Comment