Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Promises, promises

I said I'd post something, so here we are.

Over the weekend, my kids and granddog were up from VA to help kill off some of the landscape - a weed-tree that was banging on my house, and another, bigger weed-tree that was banging on my power and internet lines.  Much success on #1, mostly success on #2.  #2 still needs some close to the earth trim out, but I can't do it now, we just fell out of this month's time period when it's ok and legal to dispose of yard waste.  I can't afford to have the town yard waste nazis fine me for putting debris out on the wrong part of the month.

We won't even discuss the chunk of #2 that is entwined in my internet line, and may come down at some future date thru force of decay and gravity.  It's way too high for anything I own to be able to reach it.

Anyhow, we also did the obligatory taking out of grandma (my mother) to dinner, which was nice.  Nice restaurant, decent food, and a good view.  And we got to feed the ducks at her place, before going to dinner.  Win-win.

More importantly, it was the first ever meeting of Bandit and my granddog, Kaylee.  They got a bit rough, Kaylee is getting older (she's 8 yo), and Bandit is just a puppy, so his idea of playing is somewhat different than hers.  But with a lot of refereeing by the humans, they figured out how to get along, and actually posed for a couple of pictures.

They both like sticks.  This is a particular stick, which isn't actually a stick, it is a root that my son dug out from under my patio a few years ago, which I've saved because Kaylee always enjoyed banging into people's kneecaps with it.  They shared nicely, I think.


And later, back in the kitchen, they both patiently did good sits while they waited for treats.


Kaylee is about double the size of Bandit.  Maybe plus a bit, as she gets older and doesn't race around as much as she used to do.

After they left, Bandit spent the rest of the day searching for her.  He didn't want her to go home.  But once "car ride" is mentioned, she's all for it, and can't wait to get in and go. 

He also got some training in, with Anna.  She's really good at it.  He now knows "paw" really well, which he never got before.  He'll turn into a civilized doggo at some point in time.  I hope soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment