Saturday, April 27, 2013

beach today, looking north-ish


Manhattan to the left, JFK airport farther out on the right.  Rough surf - there were surfers out earlier, but they were gone when we got there.  Water is very churned up, sort of greenish with foam riding on the waves.  The wind has been wicked, and the full moon makes the tide higher than normal.  Tide was starting to come in when we were out there. 

The "easy" way onto the beach is gone, it mostly washed out with the storms we've been having.  We'll have to find another route, since it seems noone is in a rush to rebuild the public access stairways, and I don't have the kind of money it takes to build my own.  Pablo was not happy going up the way we did; neither was I, for that matter.  I'm not into rock climbing.  Found a better way out, I guess we could use that to get in.  Better than the rocks.

I'm not much into the beach in the summer anyhow.  I like it better in winter, when all that's out there is me, my dog, and a couple of very hardy fishermen.  I'm not a huge fan of people having most of their clothes off in public, it hurts my artistic sensibilities.  Obese bennies are not artistically appealing.  My opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment