Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oy, what a weekend

My kids and granddog came up for the weekend, and we worked on all sorts of stuff, a lot of it green leafy vegetation in front of my house.  Now there is a rather large pile of disconnected formerly green leafy vegetation in the back of my house, waiting for my handy dudes to pick up and take somewhere for disposal.  The handy dudes also were here hard at work, painting the front porch and working on the wall in the front of the property.  So it's beginning to look nice outside as well as in.

The dogs, of course, had their usual issues, not really wanting to play, and by Sunday morning getting a little snarly with each other.  Mostly they get along ok, but as they get tireder, teeth sometimes are brandished.  Just like little kids. 



Meanwhile, I somehow did something to hurt my left foot, so now I am hobbling about, the foot hurts, the calf hurts, the knee hurts, and if this keeps up, I suspect the ache will continue moving north.  As one of my Mom's neighbors commented, it sucks getting old.  Not that I'm doing that. 

When I am back to walking more comfortably, I'll go across the street and take some pictures of the progress.  Hobbling like I am at the moment, crossing the street can be difficult, I'm likely to get creamed by some idiot bennies in a Mercedes or Porsche.

I'm tired, and aside from the foot issue, my arms are a tad sore, but that's just the result of a lot of use of the electric hedge trimmer.  I actually managed to not cut thru the cord, for a change.  I've made a lot of sparks in my gardening (or un-gardening) career.  I also no longer have a bush that has curly little thingies on it that grab the cord and hold it so it's easier to chop.

Still doing laundry, got off to a very late start on that today.  I might be able to stay awake long enough to fold and hang everything that's in the dryer right now....

Pablo just went somewhere with Grandma, so I'm going to go enjoy some of the lemon wine my kids made....ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment