Friday, January 30, 2015

Depends on where you're coming from. I guess.

Got a kind of weird comment from someone today when we spoke briefly about my wanting to move.  This person suggested I ought to move to North Carolina, and she would come visit me  and go to the beach.  Ignoring the fact that I really need to get away from the beach.  It's one of the primary reasons I need to move.

I've lived at the beach for 17 years.  How many times has this person come to visit me here?  I can think of two occasions.  And on one of those, we didn't go to the beach anyway.  And this is not for lack of invites.  Not to mention it's only about an hour's drive from where she lives.

Am I missing something here? 

Again, my edit function worked.  I didn't point out the conflict between her statement and actions. I'm getting good at this. 

But I'm certainly not going to move anywhere thinking people will come to visit me.  I'm doing it for me, not for anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Moving to the mountains, are you? Then, of course, there are the prairies. Given that I'm a Prairie Son, I'm willing to endorse that option (but I realize it's not for everyone). Whatever you decide, I figure it'll be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on mountains, they make me feel claustrophobic. Maybe foothills? Basically over the river and up the hill to somewhere that is not here.

    ReplyDelete