Monday, January 19, 2015

weird holiday

Wound up staying home from work today with a sick stomach.  Seems everybody around here has it, so maybe it wasn't caused by the herring fillets in white wine sauce I had for dinner last evening.  Still, note to self, next time, if there is a next time, wash off the white wine sauce before eating the herring.

I was aided in my decision to stay home by the fact that I missed the train this morning, and the next one was not happening until an hour later.  Forgot this is one of the holidays when NJ Transit goes on weekend/holiday schedule.  Every train is a local (adds about 25 minutes to the ride, one way), and they only run every hour.  I could have gotten to the office by 10 or so.  But I would have spent most of the ride, and a good portion of the day, in the rest room.  Not good.

Did manage to get a lot of stuff done, tho.  So that was a good thing.  Even cleaned up around the house, the realtor is showing it to someone tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed some more, maybe this will be the one who wants to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment