Sunday, May 29, 2016

The other side

While the front of my house overlooks a typical suburban street, the back has a different aspect.  There's a gravel road in back (right, no fence to fence neighbor back there), which goes up the hill into an area with sparse, likely very expensive houses that are a part of an older development called Fox Hill.  I've heard there are actual fox back there, as well as the deer we've already met, and an assortment of smaller mammals, like chipmunks, squirrels, probably skunks and what all else. 

This morning Pablo and I took a short walk up the road, to the point where I suspect he was having sensory overload from all the scents, and decided to turn around and go home.  It was a slow walk, because there is just so much information there for a dog to read.  Pretty, and I hope we can make it a regular part of our routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment