Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rain, rain go away....

little Pablo wants to play.  And to recover from his PTSD....and so maybe I can get him to not be glued to me every minute of every day.  Today's cooler, and he was shivering up a storm this morning, so he is wearing a t-shirt and still won't let me be away from him for more than a minute at a time.  At the moment, he is on my lap with his head draped over my left arm.  So I'm hot, what with the windows mostly closed due to the all-day rain, and the dog attached to me.  Yes, Pablo is a dog, in case you didn't know.  He's a Chihuahua.  Doesn't weigh much, but puts out a lot of heat.

So why, you might ask, does the dog have PTSD?  Well, it started with the earthquake, followed closely by the forced evacuation and hurricane, followed by a visit from my grand-dog, who is six times his weight and many more than that times his size, and still a puppy, and therefore kind of pushy-enthusiastic, followed by interminable rain.  HD hasn't shown up yet with the ark kit, but I expect them any day now, just hope they get here in time.  My carpenter is coming Saturday to start work on it.  I'm hoping I don't need it before then.

Got the old oars ready to use, one at each side of the house, in case it gets up and floats away.  It'll be a chore racing from one side of the house to the other to try to steer, you know how a kayak goes in circles if you only apply oar from one side....I imagine the house would do something similar.  Since I no longer have anyone living here other than myself, I guess I have to do all the rowing.  Chihuahuas don't row well, and besides, they don't do water, or so Pablo has informed me on numerous occasions.  I myself don't mind water, I just prefer that it stay outside the house.

At least this storm is bringing plain rain.  This is the one coming up from the Gulf, whatever it's name was, Lee or something like that.  No hail, no thunder (so far), and no 'damaging winds.'  But the bench is still bungeed to the back deck, and the adirondacks are still bungeed to the railing on the upstairs deck, and the trash cans are heavy with contents, anyhow.   No allowance for migratory furnishings.  No outward migration of trash receptacles, tho inward migration is still possible.  That's how I got the trash cans I have - mostly they came here in various storms, and decided to stay.  It's not that bad a place to be a trash can.  They have a good life here.

I suspect the rain is rotting my brain.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment