Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't begin to list the people and organizations who deserve thanks today (not to mention every other day).  But the biggies for me are my family, who are helping me thru the mess that Sandy dumped into my life, by providing food, shelter, companionship, a sounding board, and even some fun.  Then I need to mention the Red Cross, the Sea Bright Fire Department or whoever it is who is making meals happen downtown, and all the multitude of emergency and utility people, and contractors and clean up guys, and good neighbors who are all in the same boat, but rowing together to make sure our boat doesn't sink.  And the people I work for and with, who once they figure out why I'm not at work at the moment, are supportive even if there's nothing much they can do to help.  And I can't forget all my friends from literally around the world who have called and emailed to see if I'm ok, and listened to the gory details of what happened, and will be there to see me on the other side, when life gets back to some semblance of normal.

To everyone whose lives have touched mine in the last few weeks, my heartfelt thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to learn that Sandy caused so much damage to you. Glad to see you're bouncing back! That was a helluva storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting better here, but I don't think it will ever go back to the way it was. Interesting trip, tho - especially the psychological parts.

    ReplyDelete