Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My house

For everyone asking about my house, here's the story.  I have a bit of siding off on the south side of the house.  I have a basement full of ocean, effectively killing the furnace and water heater.  My air conditioning unit which resides outside (the condensor???) was partially submerged, so I suspect it is also shot.  A bit of leakage in the living room, so a bit of ceiling drywall damage.  Nothing new, not the first time I've redone that ceiling.

The garage roof is sort of shredded in the corners.  It's a small garage, and I was interested to note the roof on it is a couple of layers thick.  The garage door buckled, but I was able to close it yesterday, when we went in for the grab and go visit.

Of course, everything in the fridge died an ugly death.  And my car drowned in the back yard.

Compared with a lot of the other houses in town, I didn't do too badly.  Still, due to various regulations and requirements, it could be months before I can live there again.  Being a nomad sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment