Monday, November 19, 2012

Progress of a sort

My electric is on.  My gas meter has been reconnected by the gas company, but all it can run at the moment is the stove and oven, which I have been advised to not try before the plumber checks them out.  Got a quote from the plumber for replacing the heat and water heater with a new energy efficient thingy that does both, about what I expected, then there are rebates for the energy efficient part.  Plus he's going to put it on the first floor, rather than back in the basement.

The fun part is going to be seeing how he gets the old equipment out of the basement thru the little door-hatch that provides access to that area.  To say I don't think it fits would be an understatement.  This could get interesting.

Town still has a 5pm curfew, so even if I had heat and hot water, I wouldn't be able to stay there overnite.  Nor would I want to.  The whole place smells kinda funky, and there's nobody around once the contractors go home for the evening.

I suspect we are not in the big leagues as regards funky smells, tho.  I heard from a neighbor who actually lives in Hoboken that his building's parking garage was flooded, and filled with fish, who then were stranded when the water went down.  And someone who works with my sister said that the cafeteria at St Rose of Lima school was chock full of dead fish, who were not on the menu.  We had no fish in Sea Bright, at least not that I could see.  Lucky us.

Car dealer guy just called, he should have my new car in hand within the week.  So I'll have my own wheels again.  That's good news.


No comments:

Post a Comment