Thursday, January 2, 2014

MIA

Yah, I've been MIA for the last month plus a bit.  Managed to scramble my way thru the holidays (next year someone please remind me to bring ear plugs to Christmas Eve dinner), now sitting, waiting for the snow to finally show up, dog on lap (makes it difficult to type, but what the heck, he's warm).

Until I get my head together and go thru the 700+ pics I took while in Berlin, so I can maybe put a few of them up here (don't worry, you don't get the full length travelogue), here are a couple of goodies I gleaned from FB, sort of in the holiday spirit.




All three from warm and not snowy Acapulco, where I dearly wish I could be at the moment and for the next couple of days, regardless of murderous Mexican drug cartels, or whoever the baddies are right now.  Still better than (a) waiting for the snow to get here (b) watching it fill up everyplace I need to go (c) shoveling it out because I don't have the patience to wait a couple of days for the solar snow shovel to get the job done.  My back hurts just thinking about it.  They are promising 6-8 inches here, which means I likely will not be able to get to work tomorrow, which means another 4 day weekend, which is not so awful except I could use the money about now.

Blech.  I hate winter, more and more every year.  Right now, it's not doing anything here, except blowing wind off the ocean, which is by its nature damp and salty.  Blowing hard enough that Pablo won't go out any farther than the back yard, and that just the part directly behind the house, so there's a bit of shelter from the wind.  It's not so cold, just hovering in the low 30s F.  So he wants to play, which so far has involved chasing a piece of cheese stick around the whole house, chasing a couple of chicken meatballs around the whole house, and chasing his blue squeeky toy around the whole house.  Most of the chasing is predicated on the idea that I am throwing said projectiles.  Except for the cheese, he was tossing that pretty competently all by himself.  It's mozzarella, it bounces.  Highly amusing.

So.  That's the way it is.  I'm tired, I really could stand to be working, so I can get money flowing in again, especially since most of it will no longer be flowing out to fix the house, the house is about as done as its going to get for now.  But be that as it may, it's nice to be home, and to have a soft warm dog to keep me company, and lots of pictures to go thru.  And sleep, sleep is good.  Warm blankets, warm dog, sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment