Tuesday, January 21, 2014

snow for sure

Still coming down, and it started a couple/few hours earlier than scheduled, as if you can schedule such a thing.  Left work early, got home around 4.00, none the worse for wear. 

Cold out now, wind is kicking up, snow still falling, if you can call going sideways "falling."  It does that around here, you'd think it might just keep going and land somewhere else.

It appears I still have the wind in a favorable direction, when I got home my yard was clear, as was the back deck, other than a little pile of snow at the bottom of the stairs, and a corner pile by the back door.  So no back of the house shoveling required, so far.  The front is a different story, there are ridges of snow and peaks and valleys, all quite picturesque.  All in the way of getting my mail delivered until it either melts or I get around to moving it and shoveling a path across my front lawn for the mailman.

(The mail got delivered this morning before the snow came, and I was knee-deep on the front porch trying to retrieve it.)

Which is because the post office, in it's lack of wisdom and common sense, will not allow me to move my mailbox from the front porch, where it always has been, to the back by the driveway, where the mailman could fill it without getting out of his truck.  And God forbid the mailman should actually use the sidewalk that goes from the street to the front door, where the mailbox is.  No.  He has to approach it from the side street, so he is always crossing the grass.  And grass is not the easiest thing on earth to shovel.

Pablo came home with me and dove directly into his cave, haven't heard a peep out of him since.  He's not a snow dog.  And he's probably cold.  But at least he's home. 

Maybe in the morning I can get some pics of the snow piles upstairs.  The wind shapes them in interesting ways, but you can't see them at night.  I'll be staying home tomorrow in any event, especially since the trains are running on a reduced schedule (if at all).  So I need artistic things to occupy me. 

Sigh.  I need a new life in a warmer climate.  I'm sick of this stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment