Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow, but not so much

I actually had less snow on my side of the street than they got on the other side.  Thank you, wind.  So I had very little to shovel, and I refuse to shovel a path across the front lawn to my mailbox, so the post office is going to be pressured (I hope) to allow me to move the mailbox to a more convenient (for them and for me) location.  In fact, my back deck was clear this morning, other than the corner pile of snow against the door - which was still small enough for me to shove the door open from the inside.  Once or twice since I've lived here, I've had to go out the front to shovel out the back door so I could get it open.  Not today.

The driveway only needed to be cleared of the stuff the plow put there, at the curb.  The rest blew away, and piled up against my wall on the property line, and garage door.  Not bad.

Colder than hell, tho.  The house is cold, too - the heat can't keep up, the insulation in the walls of this place is inadequate to Ohio-like temperatures.  Mostly we're about being cooler at the shore, not withstanding Arctic blasts.  If I ever hit the lottery, I can re-side the house and maybe fix that issue.  Maybe.

Supposed to be terribly cold again tonite, then more regular.  It doesn't often get to the single digits here.  So I dug out an extra blanket, and we'll make due.  No choice, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment