Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"I like the look"

This one surprised me, more than a bit.  One of the clients who came thru our office today said she likes my "look."  I never knew I had a "look." 

What was I wearing?  A blue henley shirt that's too big, because I like loose things and I don't have to stick the tails in (I hate sticking the tails in, there are deep psychological reasons for that, I'm sure), it's more like a tunic except it's really just too big.  Sure, it's silk/cotton, so it's soft and feels good, and the open collar is comfortably cool in our overheated NYC old building.  And a flowered silk scarf around my neck because even tho it is 60-something out today, this morning it was too chilly to not wear a scarf, after living in one all winter.  Besides, I liked the flowers, they felt springy.  And black cord jeans which are old and have legs a bunch wider than most of my newer pants, because I have a thick wrap on my knee after getting knocked down some stairs in Penn Sta last week.  And my "formal" black sneakers.  Whose laces coincidentally seem to match the blue shirt.  Or accidentally, more like.

And THIS is a "look"???

Hmmm.  Maybe I'll start a trend, or something.

Really, tho, I tend to be non-conscious of my clothes because I wear stuff that is washable, comfortable, and not horribly expensive.  And did I mention loose? 

So having someone comment on them made me really very conscious of them, which makes me very uncomfortable. 

Weirdness abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment