Saturday, March 29, 2014

raining

Sure, we can use the moisture.  And it's a heck of a lot better than if it were snow.  At least rain doesn't need to be shoveled.

But it makes for a gloomy, boring day.  Especially when I had plans for outdoor stuff with Pablo, who doesn't DO rain.  So.

Got a lot done yesterday.  Had a list for today.  Got the easy stuff done, stalled out before starting the harder stuff.  Maybe later.

Weird dream this morning - I always have the weird ones in the morning, just before I wake up, unless something wakes me prematurely, in which case I have a whole day feeling like I didn't sleep.

But this one was weird, and complete.  It was a variation on my Dutchmann dream.  You know, the Flying Dutchman, where the girl falls in love with the legend, then jumps off a cliff when he leaves without her.  This was an urban Dutchman, his ship looked more like an antique cruise liner, and was moored in what one would think should be a street, except it was water.  So picture Venice, but with tall buildings.  And whatever went on leading up to the Dutchman leaving, most of which is a blur now, the end result is that when he took off, and I went to where his ship was docked to take a picture, the ship was gone, and I didn't jump into the water trying to follow him.  I went back to what I had been doing, shrugging and telling someone, oh well, I missed the shot.

I take that as a good sign.  Of what, I'm not sure.  Maybe it really is my psyche cleaning out garbage I no longer need.  Dr. Freud, where are you when I need a consult???

I've missed a couple of good shots lately.  From not having a camera with me when I needed it.  Oh well.

I do notice that I feel better when I can get out with my camera and do some shooting.  And occasionally I miss lugging the SLR with all the lenses and stuff.  But not usually.  I really like my Cannon Elf-whatever model it is.  It's blue, so the color makes me happy, and the pictures can be excellent.  And even not shooting "raw" I can get stuff good enough to blow up huge and hang on the wall or wherever.  Meanwhile, my shoulder doesn't hurt from lugging too much.  I hate carrying things.  And my European friends don't tell me I look too much like a tourist.

On the other hand, I am not comfortable taking pictures with the new phone.  Yes, it has a good camera in it.  But the slippery functionality is not to my liking.  Maybe I'll get used to it.  Meanwhile I'll continue to carry the Elf.  16 MP and it's smaller than the phone.  Doesn't do phone calls, but then, neither do I, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment