Wednesday, July 8, 2015

3 H's today

Hazy Hot and Humid, in case you're not familiar with the terminology.  Yes, it's even bad at the shore.  "Cooler at the shore" is not in effect today.

Beach this morning:




Our jetties are coming back.  Not good, we haven't seen them since before the 1995 beach replenishment.  Too much erosion lately.  Does not give me a safe feeling.

Went out this afternoon and tried to buy a pair of shorts, since if I still have any, I have no idea where they might be.  Failed miserably on the shorts quest.  However, and this might also be considered a fail, depending on your point of view, I found a Lindt Chocolate "outlet."  They have a club card, which I now have one of, which collects points that are good for a discount on future purchases.  You know darn well I'll be there again at some point in time, their truffles are my most deadly vice.  The shop also sells them for WAY cheaper than the little bags at Shop Rite.  And they come in bags of 75, instead of the usual 12.  So the two bags I bought (peanut butter, and ultra dark chocolate) are in the freezer, to be doled out over time.  I hope.

They also gave me two chocolate with cherry bars for free, for joining the club.  This place is dangerous.  I'm glad it's a ways away, so I won't get there too often.

So having visited Jersey Gardens outlet mall for my first time ever, I bought chocolate y nada mas.  Fits with my usual shopping pattern.

I must say I was disappointed in their food court.  Nothing there I would consider eating.  Then again, I don't eat fast food types of things unless I fear I might starve to death otherwise.

Also stopped at a place that sells all sorts of I guess you could call them health appliances, and bought a cold pack I can use on my tendonitis-afflicted elbow.  It's a slide-on ring that's full of blue stuff that holds the cold.  Ought to work better than trying to hold the ice core from my big water bottle against the sore area, like I did last evening.   The icing helped, even tho it was clumsily accomplished.  I may have to stop carrying my tablet with me to work for a few weeks, tho.  The extra weight in my bag is likely a big part of the problem. 

Modern technology has it in for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment