Friday, July 3, 2015

3rd of July

Today is actually the official holiday here, since the 4th is on a Saturday.  No work today, and yesterday's going home commute was the train from hell ~ kind of sounded like a night club without the music or booze. 

One would think I might have been able to sleep late.  It might have been nice.  But no.  Pablo woke me up at 5.45, and up we have stayed.  Well, he's actually hiding under some furniture, probably because of the construction noise from across the street.  They're running a generator, power saws, and maybe on and off a tile cutter, from the sounds of it.  They started making a racket at the legal 8 am, and look to be at it all day.

There's so much construction going on around here that I noticed one of our mocking birds is now making power tool noises.

Being up way too early, we were able to take an illicit walk on the beach, before the bennies got here.  Here's what we saw, no further explanation required, I think.






Ok, so a bit of further commentary is happening here.  I can't help myself.  1.  Pablo proceeded to pee on the post, of course.  2.  So far noone has taken down this version of beachhenge, and in fact more, smaller models are beginning to spring up.  3.  The fishermen get here before the sun does, and mostly leave before the beach sitters arrive.  4.  Can't say there's not a cloud in the sky.  But it's a lonely cloud.  5.  Someone unknown put a rocker on the seawall deck.  Various people take turns using it.  I suspect it might be a community project of some sort, I've noticed assorted chairs on other public access decks, too.  I think it's a nice idea.

Waking up too early makes the day awfully long.  Especially when I've got nothing much to do.  Maybe I'll make some more trash.  That's always fun.  

I'm kidding, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment