Thursday, July 30, 2015

Made it home minutes before the storm hit

Timing is everything.  As I was walking in the door this afternoon, the rumbling started.  A little while later, all hell broke loose, torrential downpour flooding the street.  Power went out.  Half hour later the storm was done, power back on in a bit more than an hour, and the street is slowly draining.  I still hear cars making that big wooshing noise as they drive past, so the puddle is still big enough.

At least I got my grocery shopping done today, I don't have to go out tomorrow or on the weekend.  The store I prefer is near Monmouth Park, and the Haskell (it's a horse race) is there on Sunday, and they are expecting zillions of people, so some roads will be closed, and the ones that are not closed will be bumper to bumper (or so the organizers hope). The Triple Crown winner (what's his name?) is here for the race on Sunday, as are some apparently notable competitors.  I don't follow these things, so don't ask me for details, Google it yourself.

It was nice this morning, and got heavier with humidity as the day went on.  Like summer days are supposed to go, I guess.  Then the thunderstorm late afternoon, and poof, it's nice again, if a bit soggy.

We went out very early this morning, so we actually caught some nice sun's still going up type pics, helped out by an interesting cloud formation over the ocean.




No comments:

Post a Comment