Sunday, May 24, 2020

A rose by any other name

...still has no scent, because it's another hybrid.  Oh well.  Pretty, nevertheless. 


From yesterday's morning walk, between the rains. 

I had thought this one might have a scent, as it's an older bush in a front yard that is overgrown with older all sorts of bushes, but alas, no. 

And my own roses, which also have no scent, are still all in bud but not bloom.  The wait continues.

I wonder what people might think, when they see me sniffing various plants on my walks with doggo.  Maybe they think I caught the sniffing habit from the dog?  We've found some nice scents, lately.  There are a pair of small lilac bushes in one yard that you can smell from quite a distance.  But so far, no smelly roses. 

We'll keep looking.

This does remind me of a time, when I was in high school, when I used to walk there and back, since I don't do so well on buses.  I always loved the spring, because there were a lot of roses on my route.  Every once in a while, when noone was looking, I'd snatch a flower and bring it with me to school.

The walk was just under 3 miles, one way, from my house.  I'd "pick up" a couple of classmates on my way, so by the time we arrived at school, there would be a small group of us.  Maybe that's where my enjoyment of longish walks started.




No comments:

Post a Comment