Thursday, May 28, 2020

Yes, yes, yes, I'm obsessed

With roses, of course.  What did you think I was going to say?

More roses from our morning walk:



And yes, I am noticing that most of the roses around here are either pink or red.  I'm dying to find some yellow, but no luck so far.

Noticing that the pinks photograph better than the reds.  You get more detail in the pinks.  Much more shading of the petals.  

My little roses are just about to open, I can see touches of colour showing in the buds.  I actually hope they won't unfurl until the next couple of days of bad weather pass, because the heavy rain and wind could wreck them before I get a chance to adore them.  We'll see how it goes.

Mine are apricot and red.  And a house on the next block from here has white!  Which are also not open quite yet.  These are what they call drift roses.  Smaller blooms, and they bloom all summer, and the plants spread sort of like a groundcover, rather than growing into tall bushes. 

Still, I need to find a nice space to put a couple of yellow rose bushes.  Because I want yellow.  This may be my next project.  Adding it to my list.  Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment