Friday, May 29, 2020

I feel like I need to write

But I truly am at a loss for words.  I just can't deal with all that's going on here. 

So I'm out looking for roses.  Yeah, escapism.  Maybe marginally better than hiding in my house, drinking, or something.  I'm not a big drinker to begin with, I don't think that's going to change much.  It makes me feel worse, not better.  So I'm not going to do it.

Today the little roses, the drift roses, have begun to open.  Little because the bushes are small, and because the flowers are small, too.

I found this, one of my apricot ones, opened, but it's hiding, along the steps up to the front door.  Can't say I blame it.


I know, it's got reddish spots on it.  This is a new feature?  Last year they were more pinkish, with sort of a yellowish center.  Maybe it's something in the soil, or the weird weather we've been having. 

Now this one is on the next block.  This particular house has a bunch of bushes, similar to mine, on the sloped part of the front yard.  The flowers are white.  Except this one also is showing reddish spots.  I don't know why that is happening.


The white bushes have more flowers ready to open, and those also have reddish tinges on them.  It's odd. 

My red bushes (I have red and apricot mixed together) are not quite there yet.  Should start opening any day now.

Maybe the roses are reflecting all the wrong that is happening, and showing blood stains.  Scary thought.  I just don't know, anymore.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment