Saturday, May 9, 2020

When we walk

I like to find pretty or unusual things when we walk.  While I don't often take a camera with me (my hands are full with the dog and the poopie bag and all that jazz), I always have the mobile with me.  The camera in it is not too shabby, as long as you don't want zoomed in pics or something too up close.

I've been posting a lot of pics to Facebook, with the thought that seeing something pretty might help someone feel better about their day.  I'm also trying to do that here, maybe a bit less, because here I feel like I need to actually say something to go with the pics, and some days I don't feel like saying anything to anyone.

But we are walking something between 7 and 9 miles a day.  Mostly local, because the parks have been closed due to the virus and the probability that if they were open, too many people would go there.  If and when anything normalizes around here, we'll go back to parks and hiking.  We're off the beaches for the duration, because generally dogs aren't allowed on the beaches in the summer, which seems counter-intuitive.

That being said, I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get a good angle on this one yard we pass every day, because the plantings are just so beautiful, but they're spread over a rather large area, so it's not easy to find the perfect view.  And I generally try not to include anyone's house in my pics, because I feel kind of icky when people take pics of my house, which they sometimes do, and I see them doing it, because of the daffys and the roses in the front yard.

Anyway.  Here's the pic.  I kind of like it, and a friend thought it might make a good jigsaw puzzle, so if I find a place to get jigsaw puzzles made, I might do that for her.  I don't do puzzles of that sort, I haven't got the patience for it.  This is just one corner of the yard at this particular place, but it holds all of the elements that make it look beautiful to my eye.



Then the other thing, which is just up the block from where I live, and I'm jealous, in a way, because my irises in the back yard didn't do much of anything this year.  These are in the front yard of a house on a hill, so even if I took a pic straight on, you'd never see the house, it's way up above where the irises live.  At first there were just the deep purple ones, then one day, a batch of white ones popped up in the middle.  If only they could stay all summer; but they've already faded.  Glad I got the pic when I did.


Today it's cold and windy, so I'm trying to stay inside more than out.  But we'll still fit in our walking, only with my winter coat and hat on again, after we've had some really lovely warm weather.  I hope the weather is ok wherever you are.  We've had so much bad everything lately, we really need something nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment