Thursday, June 4, 2020

Are pinecones like acorns?

Do tons of pinecones mean a harsh winter, similar to how tons of acorns indicate that?  If so, we're going to be in for a doozy.  Look at the pinecones on this tree!


I'm also wondering if there is any way to turn them into food.  Marinate and barbecue?

Meanwhile, on the next block, the white roses have opened.  Kind of looks like a wedding or something.


Lots of lavender around the area, too.  I'm surprised it really doesn't smell like anything, tho.  Ornamental lavender?  Is there such a thing?


It's nice that the irises match.  Everybody's irises are blooming like crazy this year.  Except for mine, which have done almost nothing.  I think I had two flowers, and they're long gone.  Not sure what the problem is.

These are (maybe) Siberian Irises....or some related variety.  There are some that I know to be Siberian Irises on the next block, but they are a lot shorter than these.  Same flowers, tho.


People around here do pretty gardens.  Or more likely, they have their services do pretty gardens.  I doubt many of the homeowners actually have much to do with it. 

Which is probably why I'm not up to speed with a lot of them.  I have to do it all myself, and honestly, a lot of the time I hurt too much to do much outdoor stuff that involves bending and kneeling and lifting heavy things.  So it mostly doesn't get done.

But I can still enjoy the fruits or flowers of other people's labor.  Best thing is, it's all free to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment