Monday, June 29, 2020

It's hot

Sure, not hot hot, like some places are having.  But hot by my definition.  Probably because of the humidity, which is hanging somewhere near or above the temperature, you can sweat even if you're not doing anything.  That kind of hot I have trouble with.

There's occasionally a breeze.  And last evening, a big thunderstorm passed right by here, without stopping or dropping a drop of rain, or even cooling things down at all.  I had hopes for it, but all for naught.

We usually don't get this until early August.  It's still June.

So, trying not to exert myself.  Trying to stay away from bugs.  Something bit me on the knee a couple of days ago, and while it's not swollen or anything, I can see the bite mark, and it itches like mad.  Mosquito.  I guess the neighbors' mosquito control spray isn't working this year.  They all get their yards sprayed.  I don't, because of the dog, and because I have a reaction to the spray.  Nasty stuff.

So here we are.  We've altered our walkies, cut it down to three a day from our usual four, by eliminating the before dinner walk.  So we go out pretty much at 7am, noonish, and after dinner.  Last couple of days, we've been having our usual noonish route for the early morning tour, and the other two walks in the neighborhood across the busy street.  More trees there, so it's a tad cooler.  Or at least, shadier.

And sometimes we go to Pablo's Park, it's open again, and if we get there at just the right time, it's not too busy.  Not heading for the bigger park, because that one is always busy.

Meanwhile, my nopales are blooming, I think they're early.  I have tomatoes on my tomato plants, and I have peppers on my pepper plant (a first for me, I've never had any success with peppers).  And I just noticed this morning that the butterfly bush out front has started to show purple blooms.

Things progress whether I'm out there sweating or not.

I'll be happy when summer is over.  It's never been my favorite season.  Except for the flowers.  Those are always nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment