Wednesday, June 10, 2020

They're back!

In the neighborhood across the busy street, where you wind up after going thru the rabbit hole, there's a white house with red shutters that has been for sale for a long time.  I've been sorely tempted to look at it, but really, the price was a bit beyond what I could manage, so I didn't go look.  No point in wanting something I can't have.

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks, the house sold.  Someone was there, throwing out old stuff.  I got the feeling that it was owned by an older person, and the stuff left behind was just old stuff, due to be thrown out.  I hope whoever cleaned the place out put anything good to good use, but that's not for me to know.

Seems like now the new owners have moved in, or are in process of moving in.  They've done a ton of trimming up of the overgrown yard, the piles of trimmed out branches and such are tremendous.  And someone has been digging thru old stuff in the garage.  Which brings me to my point, here.

Back a few years ago, when I had just moved to this area, and had Pablo to take on walks, we found the rabbit hole, and liked to explore the neighborhood on the other side.  The white house with the red shutters wasn't for sale then.

That part of that street has a line of huge sycamore trees along the street - that's why it's nice to walk there, they have shade, which doesn't exist on my side of the busy street.  On my side, all the street trees were torn down when the town put in sidewalks.  Which is a whole other discussion, and we're not going there right now.

So, near the house in question, there are three of these huge sycamores, right in a row.  And, walking with Pablo, I noticed that those three trees had faces.  Maybe silly, maybe a tad creepy.  And one of the faces only had one eye. 

And then, one day, the faces were gone.  I have no idea where they went, or why.

But I bet you anything the faces were taken off and put in a box and stashed in the garage of the white house with red shutters.

Because they're back! 

On our morning walk on Monday, I was looking at the huge piles of trimmed out branches, and happened to look up a bit, and voila!  The tree has a face!  And so does the next one!  And the one after that, but it's face is missing one eye!

That made me ridiculously happy.  So of course, I had to take pictures of them.  And here they are.




I don't know if they have names.  I'll see if I can ask the new owner of the house.  But I'm very glad to have the faces back.


No comments:

Post a Comment