Saturday, June 6, 2020

Finally!


My red roses are finally open!  There are literally zillions of them!  And the apricot ones are all over the place as well.  I'm frankly amazed that the wild thunderstorms we've had the last few days haven't knocked the blooms all to pieces.  It's been kind of like monsoon season with flash bang effects thrown in for "fun."

At least Bandit doesn't appear to be bothered by the noisy weather.  As long as he's not out in it, getting wet, he's ok with it.  Pablo used to be scared any time there were loud noises going on outside.

Now, if it would kindly be a bit less hot, I can maybe get outside and do some cleanup in the gardens.  But I can't if it's as hot as the last couple of days have been.  And I still have a few things I need to move/replant out there. 

We've walked a bit less, the last couple of days, between the heat and dodging downpours.  Got caught in a shower this afternoon, my hair is still damp from it.  And Bandit is laying out in the back yard, taking in the late in the day sun.  He loves just being out there.  I guess that goes back to his having been a street puppy before the rescue picked him up.

I've always been more of an indoor type.  So it's nice that he doesn't mind being out in the yard by himself.  And he knows I check on him thru the back windows, and sometimes talk to him (usually to tell him to not chase squirrels) thru the windows.  More surprisingly, he even listens, tho he doesn't consistently act on what he hears.  Kind of like having a kid, I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment