Sunday, October 28, 2012

High tide Sunday morning


The ocean, obviously.  Some fool was in there swimming, or attempting to swim.  I saw him coming out of the water, seems to have survived.  Rough surf, no fishing, no gawkers, no surfers, it's all breaking very close to shore.  Waves were running just up to the first mound, then dribbling into the trough, not up to the dunes. 

Wind is kicking up (started around 2.00 am), but no more so than usual, we get this kind of wind pretty often (maybe 10-15 mph), especially as winter approaches.  Lots of clouds, no rain.  Blue sky on the horizon.

They've put off the storm's arrival till early morning Tuesday.  That doesn't help much, if I go to work on Monday, I can't come home again until someone arbitrarily decides it's ok.  Some politician who lives in a mansion somewhere, where the hurricane won't reach him, and there's a butler to hold his umbrella.  Some fat asshole who doesn't understand that if some of us don't get to go to work, we don't get paid, and then we have to stay close to a week in some hotel somewhere (which probably doesn't let dogs stay there), which will cost more than the week's pay we're going to lose by not being able to go to work.  And meanwhile nobody is watching the house except some thief who is a friend of the po-lice and can help himself once he figures out everyone is gone.

To make a long story longer, I don't think I'm going anywhere.  I've loaned out the cinderblocks that have stood in a pile in my yard for years now, to people down the block who are also not going anywhere, to hold down their whatevers, or block something closed, or what use they can make of cinderblocks in this situation.  Better than them just sitting there in my yard, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment