Saturday, October 27, 2012

Surf's up - moderately

5.30 pm, surf's up a bit, nothing to write home about, not enough for the surfers, but there are fisher-people out there.  Maybe the fish want to be "rescued" from the storm?


Baby cops in bright yellow golf shirts came around a while ago to tell everyone there's a MANDATORY evacuation at 4.00 tomorrow afternoon.  I hate that word.  It makes me want to do anything other than what someone is trying to get me to do.  I prefer to use my own judgment, and stay out from under trees in a hurricane or tropical storm.  There are no trees here.  There are plenty of trees in the area where I would have to go if MANDATORILY evacuated. 

So far I and most of the neighbors plan to stay put.  And we told the baby cops in bright yellow golf shirts as much.  The one who came to my door seemed afraid of me, he almost fell off the front porch when I told him I'm not planning on going anywhere.

I was rude, I'm afraid.  I didn't open the door so the baby cop could give me his MANDATORY printed notice.  Oh well.  I wished I'd still had the big dog, so he could snarl threateningly through the screen. He used to make people turn white as the proverbial sheet and jump backwards the four steps down off the porch.  I don't snarl quite as effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment