Sunday, July 7, 2013

hot hot hot

Ok, so there's a breeze here, we are kind of near the water.  But it's hot, and sticky, and I'm sweating after just getting out of the shower.  I don't expect my hair to dry any time today.  Summer at da shore.

Dug a path thru the kitchen disorder to reach the laundry, so at least I will have something clean to wear to work this week.  Sticking to the floor....I am tempted to peel up all those sticky old tiles, but I'm sure the floor underneath will be just as sticky.  Maybe if I get too bored....I have my handy putty knife right here, ready to go at it.  And I have enough trash bags to accommodate the entire contents of the house.  Which is my ultimate goal - tossing everything.  Trouble is, I need to look at it piece by piece before I can throw anything away.  PITA.

At least I found a pair of shorts yesterday, so I don't need to overheat myself entirely by wearing jeans.  And my original Crocs, which have a groove worn into the soles from wearing them while riding my bike.  They're light blue, streaked with chain grease.  I've somehow always found it silly to wear special clothes for doing something I've been doing since I was big enough to get on a bike. 

Speaking of bikes, I need to get a new tire pump.  I have the chain grease here somewhere - in the kitchen, of course, which means I'll never find it, unless Mom put it in the wine rack next to the gunk I used to clear the plastic back window of my Miata (which thank goodness was sold and moved to Pennsylvania before the storm wrecked everything here)....she has a unique filing system.  But even she has no idea where my broom went.  It's yellow - one might think it would be hard to miss - and stood in the living room near the door for eight months as we put the front part of the house back together.  And now, it's gone.  We even looked in the back of my handy dude's truck yesterday, but no luck.  I'm sure it'll turn up right after I go out and buy a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment