Friday, July 19, 2013

hot, hotter, hottest

Last nite when I got in my car at the train station, it told me it was 106F.  By the time I got home twenty minutes later, it was 89F.  While it's true I live north of the train station, it's only 7 miles, so it ought not to make such a huge difference.  How hot it is seems to depend on exactly where you are standing, and yes, it really is cooler at the shore.  Most of the time, anyhow.

My alarm clock has a temp reading on it, but it's stuck on Celsius.  I'm sort of learning how to correlate 32C to too hot F.  An hour of the a/c and it was down to 28C, which is much better.

Did I mention I don't get along very well with air conditioning?  I try not to use it unless it's literally hotter than hell.

I remember when my Dad was alive, he would always drink hot coffee when it was hot out.  He said it made him sweat, which made him feel cooler.  Not sure I subscribe to that logic, but ok.

The thing that amazes me is, with all this heat, we haven't had a thunderstorm all week.  I'm waiting.  Probably happen Saturday, when I need to get some work done outdoors.  Never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment