Tuesday, July 30, 2013

couple of things that bug me

Well, maybe more than a couple.

They built - finished building - the new beach access across the street.  We even got new trash and recycling cans near it.  But they didn't put benches on the deck.  We used to have benches on the deck.  It was nice to sit up there of an evening, and watch the colors change.  No mas.  Ya gotta stand, anymore.  The "new normal."  It sucks.

The train this morning got within walking distance of Penn Station, and stopped.  It stayed stopped in the freaking tunnel for about 20 minutes.  Which of course made me late for work.  Worse, tho, it made me claustrophobic, sitting in the tunnel so extra long.  Bad enough we sometimes (usually in the morning) take the "long tunnel" instead of the "short tunnel."  (Please note, there is only ONE actual tunnel, containing two whole tracks.)  But just sitting there in the total darkness is excruciating.

My current favorite lunch place, Dali Deli (I'm not kidding, that's really its name) didn't have shrimp on the cold bar today.  I had shashimi instead.  Probably tipped my sodium level over the limit.  I compensated, tho, by not having time to buy a bag of chips on my way to the evening train (of which I was two trains later than usual, partially due to the tunnel thing this morning, and partially due to other work issues).  Which in turn resulted in my not having enough singles for parking tomorrow, so I have to do quarters again.  At some point I run out of quarters.  Twelve a day is heavy business.  Literally.

And one thing I really can't stand, after a four hour round trip commute and more than eight hours of grueling mental labor, not to mention getting up and down from my aero chair numerous times with an aching back (from doing too much heavy lifting over the weekend, I suppose), is having someone meet me at the door when I get home and chat my ears off for a half hour or so.  One, I haven't eaten for over 7 hours, and my blood sugar level is bottoming out; two, I REALLY need to use the bathroom; and three, I really can't stand someone gabbing my ears off when I just pull in the driveway.  I need some time to unwind before I can deal with people.  So now that I don't have a husband (thank god), my son has his own house in another state, and I no longer have a roomie of any description, what happens?  My mother has to deliver the dog, and hangs around to chat.  She has ten times the social life I have, yet she needs to tell me everything that went on all day. 

Sigh.  Thanks for listening, folks.  Much better price per hour than my shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment