Saturday, July 6, 2013

productive Saturday

Kitchen painting is almost done, just needs another coat on the ceiling.  The smelly, crummy, stained old carpet is gone!  Yippee!  Two to three layers of old old linoleum under the carpet, and it's sticky - I'm afraid Pablo will lay down on it and get stuck, I'll be prying him off with a crowbar or something.  At best, the floor will get hairy.

So I need to go find a new kind of floor to put down, and my handy dudes will come do it next weekend.  Had three of them here today, so lots of stuff got done.  I can see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel, finally.

Meanwhile, yesterday the a/c guy came and finished whatever it was he had to do to finish the install.  He also attached the attic fan, finally, so that now works, too.  And he checked out the heat/hot water system and confirmed that his company services those, so I can get one stop shopping for maintenance on all the systems.

Debating whether we'll redo the backsplash behind the stove.  The one that's there goes with the new color scheme (cocoa and sea glass), so I'm undecided.  Guess I can look at tile while I'm looking at flooring. 

One of these days, this might actually start looking like a house again, instead of a construction zone.  Right now it's just a disorganized work in progress - everything is all over the place, and I can't find anything.  This too shall pass.  I hope.

Fingers crossed that I run out of projects before I run out of money.


No comments:

Post a Comment